Wednesday 10 December 2008

Bath time

Well, after much deliberation and research I gave Storm a bath today. I've always been led to believe that it isn't good for them to be bathed unless absolutely necessary but upon doing some research into it, it stated that its better for them to have a clean coat than a dirty one. Storm was absolutely minging, his whites were yellow!!!! I fished my rubber bath mat out and put it in the shower tray for him. On his previous baths he would lie down in the shower which made washing him a bit tricky. The rubber mat mean't he remained standing which was a big help. I used his deodorising dog shampoo and also used some conditioner on his tail, feathers & britches. I had the bag of treats handy and kept giving him one for being a good boy. Unfortunately the water ran cold halfway through but he didn't seem to mind too much. Afterwards I gave him a good rub down with the towel and then blowdried him. He's all nice and clean now and smells much better than he did......shame it won't last long *sigh*

No comments: