Thursday 20 November 2008

More Training

It had been arranged to go and set up to practice at the park but on arriving there it was clear it wasn't going to happen. Everywhere is fenced off and there wasn't anywhere to park that wouldn't mean car and equipment miles away from each other. We decided to go and set up on a playing field near where I live. We parked at the side of the road and carried the equipment the short distance onto the field. The first 2 dogs did some runs and then I got Storm out. He only did a few runs same as the others and then Monty had a go. He only had a few runs as he doesn't need the practice as much as the others who have only been doing it a short time. Storm and the other two came out and did some more runs. Storm is funny, he lines himself up ready to go right next to my left leg. I kept taking a step backwards and he'd glance behind and see I'd moved and would back up so he was back alongside my leg. I also moved the netting away and gave him a few runs without it. Its great that I can bring one of the boxes home because it means I can do training while its dry as the unpredictable (well its highly predictable if you predict rain!) British weather means team training is often cancelled.

No comments: